Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

To be able to see the year is indeed a blessing which is well realized.At the end of 2010 we were struck by the loss of one of our golfing friends who suffered a heart attack at the age of 55.To make matters worse a good friend's father was just diagnosed with live cancer.How lucky we are to be able to lead normal lives and survived the previous year without any major mishaps.
One can look forward to the new year with hope and excitement .But together with this is the silent hope that we are given yet another year to live.Life is so unpredictable and having reached the 70s I have no bigger request than to go through another year in good health and with stamina.I still look forward to my golf games,to strengthen the bond with mum,to watch Kyra and Aaron growing up,the children and their spouses in good health and successful in their careers.
There will be the usual round of activities,Chinese New Year which is just round the corner,Ching Ming,All Soul's Day, Xmas and the year end festivities to welcome yet another year.I would happily go through all this again and be grateful that we are in a position to do so.Though some of the activities may be strenuous now it does not matter because as long as the spirit is willing things can be done.
" I shall pass this way but once,therefore any good which I can do,let me do it now for I may not pass this way again" will be my guiding principle for the new yearit will be the year to do the things which I haven't found the time to do.It will also be the year to solemnize the wedding of Imn and it will be the highlight of 2011.All the family members are excited over this event and cant wait to start planning for her.
Goodbye 2010 and welcome 2011 !

No comments:

Post a Comment