Friday, September 12, 2014

What we have and what we dont have

Its an interesting observation , studying people and trying to figure them out.As I have been around for some time I cant help but notice the peculiar ways of living their lives.First , the question of wealth.I am not rich in terms of money in the bank , properties etc, but I have seen people with loads of money who hoard it and never tend to want to part with a little of it for whatever reasons. They are rich but I would consider them poor as they are too money minded to really know how to put their money to good use.They live like paupers and deprive themselves of so many things.I know of some people who love to eat but at other people's expenses and it has never occurred to them to buy others a meal once in a way just to reciprocate .I wonder if these kind of people ever think if they can bring their money along with them when they step into the after world? Thinking of wealth in terms of dollars and cents will make you dissatisfied as there is never enough.Think of wealth in terms of what you have like good health, a happy family , love and kindness whom the people around you show and you will realize then how rich you are.Think also of how you can make others happy in so many ways. People must have certain standards in life , how you treat others and how considerate you can be.Mum is super considerate .I have always been amazed by the way she considers her siblings and friends, always thinking of them and caring so much for them. Sad to say I have also noticed that the reciprocal she gets is very little .This does not bother her as she has always believed in giving and never think of receiving.But watching from the outside I cant help but feel that there is something seriously lacking in some people. As I have said my wealth is not measured in dollars and cents.To me money is meant to be spent and money spent on making others happy is money well spent.My wealth comes from good health, a happy family , my kids, my in laws and of course my grandchildren.These are my wealth and I feel blessed to have so much of them and this makes me so rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment