Friday, August 29, 2014

Knee Problem

Since falling down a couple of weeks ago the knee is giving problems which I cannot control.Have to see a doctor for dressing the wound every day and even he is baffled as to why the healing process is taking so long.When I first saw him he confidently said " Just three days " and you will be ok. Its more than 3 days now and the wound is not healed yet.Finally he admitted that it could be because of my sugar level which is worrying as it may ultimately lead to amputation.Scary but has to be faced. Fortunately its not giving much pain and one wound seems to be getting better and I tell myself " Well if one wound on the same leg is healing there is no reason why the other should not heal.Anyway its a lesson learned ... that if you have cuts and bruises get treatment straight away as you may not know the seriousness of the condition.Procrastination can lead to complications and we should not realize how important health is till its too late to do anything .then will come the sighings like " I should have checked up, I should have been more careful ,should have been more careful , should not have been so stubborn etc".There is a lot of wisdom in the saying " prevention is better than cure" and prevention means putting a premium value on your health and make sure you maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment