Sunday, September 21, 2014

Life's frailties

Recently the wife of a former colleague of mine passed away,We were all teachers in the same school a long time ago. I saw them in their courting days , their marriage and their life together.They were a very close couple and shared many common interests.Both were highly educated, stables and I must say good teachers. Suddenly one of them ,(the stronger of the two ) had to go and looking at my friend i could not help but wonder how he is going to get on with his life without his wife.He is always in a world of his own , dreamy and quite oblivious to his surrounding whilst the wife is the more down to earth of the two and she was the one who decided on the daily requirements of life. I am wondering what will be going through my friend's mind.That he will be lost initially is beyond a doubt and I hope he will be able to cope with his life after this.Its strange but much too often we hear of how one person will find life difficult without a spouse.We often take each other for granted and seldom will think of what the impact on us will be like when we lose the other.Even the great Lee Kwan Yew found life difficult when his wife left him. When you are so used to being a part of each other there will definitely be something missing in your life when one has to go away.That is why when we have each other we must never forget to value , appreciate and cherish each other .Life is uncertain and its important that while we have it to treasure it and to value the people we have around us. I cannot help but think back with a bit of regrets of the people who have left me .Regrets because I could have perhaps been kinder or more caring towards them, regrets because I did not do enough for them and regrets because I did not think well of them.These are lessons learned and it has made me want to always look at the better side of a person rather than to find faults. Being positive and look at others more openly will definitely make us better persons. Looking at somebody's positively will definitely make us happier and not feel any sense of regret when the person is no longer with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment