Monday, October 6, 2014

Health

A month of doctor's dressing , painful scraping of the knee finally came to an end ...my troublesome knee wound is healed and I'm back to normal insofar as my leg is concerned.It was quite a hassle going to the clinic everyday ( and finding the right time to do it )and letting the doctor torture me. Trouble too in terms of showering and not wetting that part of the leg until I discovered a water proof kind of plaster which helped solve that problem . Going in and out of the clinic and now has made me aware of how we should never take health for granted and its only when you lose a part of it that you begin to regret and mutter to yourself " I should have been more careful ! or why didn't I do that ?".As you grow older you look around you and see that there are many people in less fortunate straits...some diagnosed with the big C and passing away , some facing it and having to go through painful treatment and some no longer around.I have recently lost quite a few friends and this is enough to make me realize what a blessing it is that we are ok and not have to have our children worry about us. Still health is not something which we should take for granted and which we have to nurture and look after. Moderation in what we eat and what we do to our bodies will help maintain good health and with good health a lot of worries and stress are avoided.When my knee wound took a long time to heal there was the worry that my sugar level and age might cause something serious like amputation and there were many sleepless nights because of this .Thankfully it turned out alright. Never atke health for granted and dont wait until you are about to lose it to value it.

No comments:

Post a Comment