Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Learning Process

We educationists believe that learning is a life long process and when you reflect on it you will realize that there are indeed lots of opportunities to learn.I never stop learning as I always tell myself " If others can do it why cant you ?". Age should never be given as an excuse.There is nothing which says that you cant do something because of age.I am now trying to master the i phone with all its intricacies and it has opened up a whole new horizon for me.The learning goes on and I am basically self taught as many people are I presume The process makes you think and the harder you think the more your mind works. I learned from my niece's narrative of her working incident that management must always focus not only on the big guns in an organisation but also to open their eyes and take a look at what the other staff are doing.It takes a whole team of players to make an organisation tick from the tea lady to the president and in between. If we are in the top management it must never be below us to be courteous to the people whom we work with no matter what is their status in the organisation.Unfortunately there are many in the top positions who fail to acknowledge the people below them .If you look at the behavior of some of the so called VIPs you will see how artificial they are.Looking at some of the Ministers and the way they greet the people is an eye opener.They shake hands with you without even looking at you as though they are doing you a big favor by shaking your hand.people still line up to shake their hands as though they are idols to be worshiped.This is human shallowness at its worst , yet strange to say there are so many people who take joy in this and go back telling " I shook hand with so and so " not realizing that its no big deal. We learn from everyone and from everywhere if only we care to bother.Even my little grand children have things to teach me .You have to be observant and watch them in order to see the learning opportunities which they present now and then. I have learned to be independent and to fend for myself since young and that is perhaps one value which I will take with me.I have learned that if I need to drive long distances that I should tell myself it can be done and it is done albeit with a bit of ache here and there at the end of the journey.Its better to depend on yourself for then you can travel at your own time and convenience.I have learned to ignore the protests from your body when you do things you should not be doing.I have learned to control the body with your mind rather than the other way round. Learning comes from the willingness of the mind and its ever challenging but never let yourself be daunted by something before you even start.Some times you need to look up something in the net and you start to think as to how to go about it and suddenly the task becomes daunting and you rationalize and give yourself the reason that you will do it later and at the end of the day its never done. We receive feedback about ourselves everyday. Things like " why are you so slow? why are you always late ?" has to do with our time management and self management.Can we not learn to be faster ? Can we not learn to be more time conscious ? If we are people who are bent on self improvement these are simple things to work on.Its only when we the " mind blockage, ear blocked , mind closed " type that we cannot improve. Self improvement is learning process and unless we are open to learning we will never improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment