Monday, December 2, 2013

Changing life style

These days I spend more time with my grandson, fetching him from day care and then letting him do what he wants before dinner and his shower.I can feel that he is more attached to me now and more importantly listens and does what I ask him to do.He is growing up, and I guess misses his grand ma though he does not say it.Grandma used to do a lot of things for him and now that she is not doing it its only natural that he feels a sense of loss especially during sleeping time. Its a blessing to be able to see a little fella start growing up and goes through the various stages of human growth.When I try to visualize him going to college and on to adulthood I ache a little bit because its difficult to imagine us being around when this happens.Nevertheless, we know he will go through this stage with or without us .That is the cycle of life and there is no running away from it. Our lifestyle too has gone through a change .Mum is in Denai Alam while I am still in Ara Damansara.This is of course just a temporary arrangement as things will settle down when school starts .then the game plan is that we move in together and take care of the little grandson and start to adapt to a new environment.It would be so much simpler if we had a bigger house and both families can stay together.the extended family concept does make sense at times but there will be many issues involved which may at the end of the day determine if two families can live under one roof. As is always the case life will go on and the human being will always prove to be resilient and adaptable.We have had a great stay in Ara Damansara and I'm sure we will have a great one too in Denai Alam.

No comments:

Post a Comment