Friday, December 6, 2013

Reflections

Soon the year will come to an end and the first thing that strikes me is how lucky I am to be able to live through it.At this age every year , every month and for that matter every day is a bonus .Life is worth living despite us having to face difficulties here and there.If this is not the case perhaps life would be boring. I am one of those who like to look at the positive and be happy about it rather than to grumble or worry about things you have no control.The children are all doing well in their careers and family and the grandchildren are going through milestones in their lives and its a great blessing to be able to be around and share these things with them.We do realize that for us oldies the most important thing now is to stay well and be well.Thankfully both of us are in good health and to be able to go about here and there.I can happily still enjoy my golf albeit the standard of game which I can produce today is nothing to shout about but thinking positively its enough that I can go out onto the course and enjoy the game though at times you feel like throwing the clubs away but when I think of many of my contemporaries who are no longer able to play at all and who are no longer here I feel nothing but gratitude that I am still able to pursue this hobby. Mum is as healthy as ever and looks forward to her Saturday off which she enjoys to the fullest.That she is able to cook , wash , look after the little ones without a murmur of complain is testimony enough about what sort of person she is. Work wise , 2013 has been eventful and to have a happy staff working with you is another of life's little blessing.Interesting enough we have been asked to maybe look at managing new educational institutions and this itself is motivation enough>I had thought of retirement but the thought of new projects, new challenges is too exciting to resist.I have decided that there will be no retirement until the day the principals say no to us. We have become somewhat more mellow in terms of so many things.Food for example is no longer a passion ....just eat to survive is good enough with the occasional lavish spread thrown in.Last week I had to make do with what the maid cooked up ,sometimes just soup and vegetables and it was enough.Being able to cope with changes is a matter of having the right attitude that's all.If you face anything with the right attitude it will not be a burden or a problem.Think positive , look at the bright side of things ,dont complain ,face the things head on and you will overcome. Thank you 2013 and welcome 2014 !

No comments:

Post a Comment