Wednesday, March 2, 2011

" In sickness and in health"

I have to take my hat off to my elder brother in law.My elder sis has been bedridden for the past few years.As her physical condition deteriorated her ever faithful husband was always there by her side looking after her.Looking after her did not just mean keeping an eye on her.It means feeding her,washing her,seeing to her toilet needs and making sure that she was as comfortable as can be.One can imagine the difficulty of such tasks but he has done this faithfully without complain all these years.Responsibility? Concern? Caring?Love? What makes him do it ? Just wonder if we can do this for our loved ones for so long.He is not young himself but finds the strength and energy to do all these things,all other things have to be sacrificed.I believe he has no life of his own now as every moment he has is devoted to attending to sister's needs.I'm sure he must have pleasant memories of their younger days when they were in good health.They had gone through a lot but brother-in law is never one to chicken out on life's difficulties.It is sad that after going through so much they cannot happily enjoy their golden years.
A lot of things have been said about him but to me he is a good husband,father and brother in law and this is proven by the way he looks after my sister.Its what you do that actually counts in the final analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment