Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Being observant

As a School Inspector I was trained to observe ,comment and report.Along the way we also had to make suggestions for improvement.This training has stuck with me till today.Of late I have been to the market with mum a few times and was happily observing what was going on in the market.Come Ching Ming when we went to buy all the offerings for our ancestors I could not help but be amused at the lengths which these people would go to to make the dead happy(if you believe they receive and use all the stuff which you burn for them).
You will observe many things as you go along in life as long as you keep you eyes open and survey the environment you are in immediately.When I play golf I always look at the gear which my friends have ..that is an indication of how much they value their equipment and also how much they have spent on it and indirectly you get an idea about their character.
The golf course is also full of beauty, trees,flowers,ponds and even wildlife.You just got to keep your eyes open and learn how to admire and appreciate nature.Lots of things to look out for in a golf course to keep you occupied.
One of my former bosses taught us one of the first things to look out for in a guy are his shoes.Till now I cant help but look down and see guys' shoes.Well polished? Leather ? British ? Local? Branded ?
Also the shirts and pants.Shirts cotton?Collar? Color matching pants? Branded? I remember once my good friend in Tashkent proudly showed me his new suit and I looked at it and said'You mean you bought X brand?" He asked "what about X brand" and I cruelly replied "No standard la".
Cant help but look at belts and finally watches.To me all these are indicators and I am naturally drawn to such things.Today my perception about the indicators have changed but still cannot resist looking at these things.
The ladies? I always like to see how organised their handbags about.I shall not say more about the ladies.
You will never be bored anywhere if you just care to look around you and observe ...so many things to see and note if you just care to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment