Monday, June 28, 2010

My lucky day

Sunday had a golf game with a few good friends at Lembah Beringin golf course.It was a beautiful day and we were all enjoying the game until the 6th hole a par 5.Richard Leong my good friend was behind me and I was actually beside a small tree when he hit his second shot.Bang! Something hit me on my right thigh and woo suddenly excruciating pain and the next thing I was lying on the ground suddenly realising I was hit by Richard's ball.
The friends came rushing over and I grinned at them and thought "Lucky Richard is not such a sharpshooter.The ball could have hit a bony part of a few inches higher I would be a eunuch!As it turned out he hit the fleshy part of the thigh and I was none the worse after a few minutes and the heck of it all continued playing.
Lessons learnt:
1.Never stand in front of somebody when he hits the ball.He can go anywhere but straight.
2.Wait for your turn to hit the ball.That's what golf etiquette is all about.
3.Do not be impatient when you play golf,its supposed to be your day off and you cant enjoy a round of golf if you are in a hurry.
The effects:
1.Richard felt real bad and called me up on Monday to offer to buy lunch but I told him it was just an accident and to forget about it.
2.I have a big blueblack mark on my thigh and I reckon it will be some time before it goes off and the pain is still there.
3.Mind can control matter,though in pain I finished the rest of the 18 holes because we had paid for the game and I did not want my friends to miss their Sunday golf.

1 comment:

  1. gosh dad.. hope u went to the doctor's!
    keep writing!

    ReplyDelete