Friday, June 29, 2012

My Way

A song which has been my inspiration My Way contains great lessons for the discerning listener and also some important aspects of life .I particularly like " For what is a man what has he got ,if not himself then he has not ,to say the things he wants to say and not the words of one who kneels..."So inspiring and good to model our lives after.A man must have certain beliefs and principles in life.Without these he is nothing and just a shell of a man.Watch a Korean movie where there was a plot to overthrow the king and to do this they tried to bribe the Commander of the army with all sorts of things,wealth,fame and recognition.But the Commander said "I was appointed to serve my King and Country and I would give my life to do this. Sometimes we tend to waver in our beliefs because of promises of incentives and there are people who would go out of the way to gain favours by doing just anything.Can you imagine a person who would give up his identity just to get into the good books of the powers to be? We Chinese believe in identity and would not give it up for anything .The Emperors had their costumes,the ministers ,the officials all wore different types of clothes in accordance with their rank and status and they would under no circumstances shed this.I watched with disgust some politicians of a different party shed their identity and don on the clothes of the ruling party just to appease the masters.This reflects absolute lack of principles and self respect and dignity.Compare this with those people who have given up their lives for the sake of what they believed in and you will be able to understand that there are people who would stoop so low that its unbelievable that they are our representatives. " You can take away everything but you cant take away my dignity " how true.You lose that and you lose everything.My Way says you must walk tall and fight for what you believe in come what may.How often we hear people say things which they do not mean.Politicians are some of the most common culprits.A shrewd politician would analyse his audience and say what they want to hear .This is how they make use of their psychological knowledge to win over the masses but I wonder in the process of doing this do they really believe in what they are saying. "Regrets .I had a few "...In every one's life there are things which we regret not having done or not done.It is important while you are still able to ,to do the things you want to do so so that " when you face the final curtains" you can say you have done what you want to do and without regrets.Life is unpredictable so we have live life to its full while we can.How often we hear " I should have done this....why didn't I do this?....too late the final curtain has dropped and we ,for sure are not given a second chance to live our lives. I am really fond of this song because of its deep meaning and its a good guide to living our lives as it comes.Listen to this song and lsiten carefully to the lyrics and you will know why so many are inspired by "My Way".

No comments:

Post a Comment