Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cars

As far as I can remember I have used quite a number of cars since the first one which I had.Of course the first car which I bought was for my dad as I could not bear to see him cycling to work and back everyday>It was a white colored Fiat 1200 with the number F 4242.It cost Around RM 6000 those days and it was a good buy and dad really treasured it and I was happy that he enjoyed the car.
My first car for myself was a Volvo 122 PE 9133 blue in color and also known as the German tank.It was a prestigious car those days but without air con and the gear was manual.It gave me years of service and we happily drove up and down Ipoh with it.The next was Volvo 244 AL 893 yellow in color and it was slightly a higher grade but still with manual gear but with air con.
Then came the Ford Capri a sports model AP 2442 which I bought new but only used for a short period.Then came the Mini 1275 a sporty low bodied car which again did not last long . .After this we decided on the Toyota Corolla AM 9478 which my daughters had great fun with, driving it up the divider,banging the school gate and what have you.Together with this I had the toyota toyopet which was a 1000 cc car.I drove this to school when I was the Headmaster and the students could not believe their eyes.
The next was a Toyota too but 1800 cc,AAP 2882 which I used when I was transferred back to Ipoh.But not for long as after that I decided to switch back to the Volvo 244 NX 989.This was because of the frequent traveling which needed a more sturdy car.
This served me the longest until came the Toyota Camry ADE 1888 which was supposed to be my retirement car.As I was not working anymore we decided to change to a proton Wira ADE 8363 and we used this till 2002 when I was reemployed in KL and we got the Honda Civic W..6628 and this was later replaced by a Mercedes 280 BHT 8893 and the current car is BKV 8660 a Nissan X trail.
Come to think about it I have never stopped paying car installments till today but I have had the pleasure of driving so many of them.Those days buying a car was one way of getting some money .If you buy a new car for say RM25,000 and your car is say worth 15,000 you can get a loan for !5,000 but if you take 5,000 out you have that cash for your use while your loan is still for 15,000.That was how we survived in times of difficulty.You just borrow more and pay back over a longer period that's all.
Today I have no more interest in changing cars cos that fad has since long gone but on looking back changing cars was fun.You have a different car to drive and some extra money to spend and a lot of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment