Monday, January 2, 2017

A time to reflect.

As the year draws to an end its always time to do a bit of reflection and to think about the things which happened .I am fortunate that despite all the health scares I am able to still be up and about.They say " Never complain about old age , There are many who do not get to know its meaning ".  how true .. To have come this far is indeed a blessing which has to be appreciated and valued. 2016 was the year when I had my eye operation, my eye problems which came with it , and the time when I had to fight hard to control my glucose level.It was a year of experimenting with all types of natural remedies.
It was a year of enjoying the growth of the grandchildren.To be able to see them go through their various stages of development and to be able to enjoy it is truly a blessing.
Work wise it has been a real challenging year. I had to make sure that we perform for the sake of the young people who have thrown in their lots with me and to work hard to ensure that we would be able to carry on. The economy has not been good and this has affected the enrollment for most private universities .Accommodation Occupancy in most institutions has dropped and in the light of this adversity we had to find reasons for the employers to retain us.
Despite this we were lucky to be appointed as consultants for a new project in Putra Jaya competing with many other established consultants.This is something to look forward to and an opportunity to learn and gain new experiences.
Life has been kind and more than anything I cannot help but feel lucky and fortunate to be able to enjoy this with my family. Mum is healthy and enjoying her life despite all the responsibilities which she has to shoulder.My daughters and sons in law are doing well and the grandchildren are growing up well.What more can be asked?
2017 will be exciting and something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment