Monday, April 25, 2016

My students

Friday 22nd April ..students whom I taught in 1973 had a gathering in Teluk Intan.I was invited and of course I went as it would be nice to see them all again again after so many years.It was a dinner at one of the local restaurants and it was a nostalgic night with the boys ( now men ) sharing stories about their younger days and of course they talked about their teachers.I am glad they had good things to say about me , how I taught and guided them .It is a good feeling to know that the students whom you taught have good memories of you.What really touched me was that many of them mentioned that if not for the teachers they would not be what they are today and most of them acknowledged that we were strict with them for good reasons.They might have not seen this before  but now they realize it .
The night was fun filled and many of them got drunk.One guy was so pissed that they got an ambulance to send him to the hotel and they attendants had to carry him up to his room in a stretcher .This is probably the first time that an ambulance had to be called to send a drunken guy back to his hotel.It could happen only in Teluk Intan and where an old boy was in charge of the St.John Ambulance .We all had a good laugh and the night was really fun.
To us teachers it was a good thing to meet up with our students and to see that they have matured and become useful people in society and what really amazed me that they were able to keep their ties all this while.Their bond is so great that they came from all over the world to meet up with each other.I complimented them on this and told them they should continue to see each other in future and have more of this type of gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment