Friday, May 22, 2015

Fighting the battles.

As I reach the 75th milestone life becomes more challenging and to a certain extent interesting as I find myself in  a few battles which I have to win in order to reach the further milestones:
1. The battle against diabetes.
Since I discovered that the sugar level shot up like crazy after the Chinese New year its necessary to try to overcome this.the battle strategy is to diet , be selective about food and  drinks and to have lots of exercise.
Food control means an almost sugarless diet ,with the same stuff almost everyday .It also means abstaining from the food I love, like noodles, sweets ,ice cream and white rice.Food taken is generally bland but mum uses her creativity to come up with edible dishes .This make life much easier and her support and care are invaluable in times like this.
It also means medication which must not be avoided and at the end of the day it is discipline which sees one through.
2.The battle against back and leg sprain.
I have been suffering from this for more than two months ever sine I twisted the back during one of the golf games.Its painful to walk especially climbing up the stairs.From the car park to my office its 44 steps and double that if I go out for lunch.This journey is difficult and painful but there is no choice as this route has to be taken.
The strategy here is to get traditional treatment which includes acupuncture.I have never done acupuncture before and it was only out of desperation that I tried it.Its quite traumatic to say the least and each time you kind of wince anticipating the penetration of the needles on your nerve points.It last for about 45 minutes and this time is filled with discomfort and stress.
After 4 visits it seems to be getting better as the doctor says he has to realign the nerves and veins or whatever.My aim is to get well asap so I can return to my golf  as soon as possible.
3.Battle 3.
Thoughts of getting back to golf were dashed when it was discovered that my pacer battery has to be replaced soon .The process involves an operation to take out the pacer and put in a new battery .As a result it will take 3 months or so for the pacer to settle down and the wound to heal so there goes my golf.
These are some of life's battles which need to be faced and must be won.Losing any one of these would make life difficult and perhaps lead to unforeseen circumstances.Fortunately I am not fighting these battles alone as I have the support of the family and friends which will definitely provide me with all the encouragement and strength needed to fight some of life's battle.

1 comment: