Monday, July 15, 2013

Thinking of others

Mum went for her cardio test yesterday and I had some anxious moments waiting for her to come back and get the results.When I asked her the first thing she told me was " all blocked ".I like went blank for a moment and was speechless and then she broke into a smile and said " Just pulling your leg .I am A ok ". My pacer missed a few beats but it was such a big relief and I heaved a big sigh of relief. She said looking at our little grandson 'Actually if I had to do a by pass or something like that I would ask the doctor to do it next year when my little grandson would be old enough to go to a day care center".As usual she puts her own welfare before that of others and the way she said it while hugging the little fella really brought a lump to my throat.Such is the devotion of a grandma and such is the unique quality of a person. The same night while we were sitting outside the house ( as is our habit nowadays ) suddenly she mentioned again " i hope you go first because if I were the one to go first who is going to look after you?" I told her these things are not for us to say and its best not to think of it at this point of time. Talking often with her and being with her I can understand what goes on in her head and for sure its thinking of others more than herself.On looking back I can see that everything she does is not for herself but either for the children , grandchildren, the in laws , her siblings and their children.When she cooks dinner she would make sure that there is everyone's preferred dish on the table.Sometimes I cant help but smile when she cooks chicken and reserves only the chicken feet for herself. I hope we have many more years together for I cant imagine especially on my part what I will do without her.Thank God her health is good and the sickness she had was just a little hiccup.

No comments:

Post a Comment