Wednesday, November 9, 2011

So lucky!

Today I was scrolling the names on my phone and came across quite a few names the owners of which have already left this world.As I looked at each of the names I cant help but recollect the time we spent together.Some were ex colleagues,some good fiends and some golfing kakis.Some were relatives and some were even my students.
Cant help but feel a tinge of sadness remembering these associates and people who were part of my life.
The latest one Hj.Musa was an ex Assistant District Officer who played golf with me for over 20 years.We never had any misunderstanding or argument over the game which was always played in good spirits.Musa loved to eat and had a great hankering for sweet stuff ,ice kachang,syrup with milk and he really enjoyed his food to the fullest.It was a joy to see him eat.He also loved mahjong but was slow and clumsy and come to think of it ,it was so easy to make his money.Mus and I played the game in so many golf courses together with Uncle Lee and Uncle Chi Chi.Unfortunately both of them have given up golf because of health reasons and of the group I'm the only one left playing.So sad...yet I'm so lucky to be still able to play the game which we all loved so much.
As we reach our golden years the thoughts are filled with good memories of good friends who came our way >these friends are gone but will never be forgotten....

No comments:

Post a Comment